Today we caught the bus to Mont St Michel which took just over an hour and then we caught the shuttle bus to the base.
Summer and school holidays here at the moment, note the hoards walking towards the island. Well that is nothing compared to the crowd inside on the main goat track up! Wall to wall people!!!!
Interestingly, while the crowds are thick below the abbey, a significant number never visit the abbey itself. I think many are put off by the 350 steps but these are in stages and presented no problems for us.
Once you are in the abbey, This is one of the sights that greets you - I think it might be a lost tourist trying to find his way home.
There is also a large bird that keeps watch over you...
Some images from the various parts of the abbey:
Some exterior images
We had a fantastic day and I would love to revisit one day when it is not so busy. Off to gay Paris tomorrow for the start of the river cruise :)














No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to add any comments